Thursday, June 16, 2011

Weighty thoughts

At 18 years of age, I used to think that I was fat - absolutely obese in fact.
This continued throughout throughout my 20s as I will constantly loath myself and labelled myself fat.

Ah...the follies of youth, what little did I know.

Looking back at the pictures taken from years gone by, I was absolutely thin then AND hands down beautiful. Especially on my wedding. But then, every woman is beautiful during their wedding day, something to do with happiness and glowing from being the center of attention and all that.

Now that I am light years away on the wrong side of my 20s, I have since put on a LOT of weight due to my sedentary lifestyle (tsk tsk) and am trying to accept myself for what I am. The key lesson here is for me to learn how NOT to condem myself for how I look, but to accept and love the fact that I have been made perfect, and to just buy larger sized clothing.

I want to try to be healthy, try being the operative word here, and enjoy my health without forsaking my love for life (read: food). The weight has crept up over the past 3 years, probably due to the medication that I've been on. My goal has been reduced from wanting to be thin to wanting to be healthy i.e. to excercise three times a week and to take more fruits and vegetables.

It does sound so simple to achieve on paper (or on blog), but in reality it doesn't always happen. As with anything, it takes lots of discipline to make this a priority, but this just becomes another priority amongst a list of priorities. Nevertheless, I SHALL give it a try.

Excuse me now, ladies and gentlemen, I am off to change and hit the gym. Cooking for my child can wait till I get back....see what I mean about priorities?

Send me positive thoughts!

No comments: