Saturday, July 2, 2011

Knowing that I am deeply loved

I am home in Singapore and after putting my Samsonite to rest, I realize how much I am loved just by a simple thing like a trip home.




  • My father shows up at the airport no matter what time my flight gets in. He has been doing so since I left home for university at 18 years of age. I also know that he gets sleepless nights in the days leading up to my arrival and departure home. He buys the durian that I love and still tries to wait up for me when I get home late at nights - even at my age.


  • My mother asks what I'll like to do today and when I say anything, we'll just go hang out together running errands. She offers to take me shopping for hard-to-find food items like steel-cut oats.



  • My helper ensures that I have my favourite everything set up before I land in Singapore and offers to cook my meals and look after my every need when I am around. She's been with our family for 14 or more years (I've lost count) and really sayangs me. She will even fix me pot noodles in the middle of the night if I ask her - which I honestly don't.


  • My husband ensures that I travel with my passport, SIM card and credit/ATM cards, placing them in order on the table before I travel as he knows that I can be a scatterbrain at times. Though he is crazy busy at work, he tries to ring or text when he gets the rare chance and though he still grumbles at my expenditure, his grumbles have lessen over the years. *Hee*


  • My best girl rings up the mobile company trying to activate my mobile so that it is ready before I arrive. Unfortunately I messed up by giving her to wrong identification number.

This is obviously just a select few that I've listed and I could go on and on. I feel so secure and blessed knowing that I am loved by so many people. This feeling really just can't be beat.


What are some ways that the people around you do to show their love for you?

No comments: