Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dating my girl


Now that Kiddo is older, we get to hang out in more grown up ways - visiting shops and having grown up meals at nicer places. It gives me an opportunity to share with her about myself and also provides me a chance to teach her lessons that present themselves during our interaction. This is also a time when I get to  see a different side of my little one and observe how she sizes things up and expresses her opinions about them.

We take turns to browse shops that appeal to one another and even shops that draws both of us at the same time - such as home decor shops. Interestingly enough, this 5 year old has an affinity to home decoration shops as they often contain very pretty and unique objects and presentations are pleasant.

We went to Tanglin Mall (Singapore) to grab some groceries and supplies for Shanghai after her cycling lessons (Entry to come later) and decided to do dinner out as a treat tonight. Kiddo took me to a Japanese eatery called Tetsu. It was a joint that her grandma had taken her a couple of weeks ago as a treat. She was so proud to be able to show me something new and she knew exactly what she wanted for her dinner.

We wowed at the food, people watched, talked about the family and gave each other hugs and snuggles - a real successful date. I'm so looking forward to having more dates with my girl as she is really a fun person to be with.

No comments: