Thursday, June 23, 2011

The 90s beans

It is shocking how I can go months on end without giving a thought to The Passing of Time, until some experience triggers it - like lunch with interns who are born in the 1990s.


When I first looked at application resumes to fill these positions, I nearly fell off my chair at the fact that we are now seeing the graduation of beans born in the 90s. Eeps. I mean, these are kids that were in diapers when I was completing my secondary education. Double eeps.

Having said that, I have noticed these youthful bean (sprouts) possess a confidence that surpasses their age. They are also a very vocal and articulate bunch - far more than what I was at the same age. They have the smarts and the looks and are definitely not afraid to be proud of it. They are very aware of the world around them and very eager to embrace change - be it a change in the direction a task is taking or a change in their life choices.

A lot has to be said for this future generation. I am impressed. And they do inject a tinge of fun even during a work meal.

1 comment:

deppy said...

That was exactly what my DH was saying while sifting through the born-in-the-90s resumes. Mind-boggling!