Friday, September 16, 2011

Fine art of dressing

I love clothes and love to shop for them. I will also be the first to admit that I don't have a naturally easy-to-dress figure. You know how some people can just throw on anything and it fits them? Maybe that is you but it sure ain't me.

So when the occasion actually requires me to dress a certain way to portray a certain image. It.actually.takes.work. Like serious brain-cogs-turning type work.

So, I needed to attend one of many parentsevent in my daughter's school and I wanted to look:
• nice and approachable
• like a caring and involved mom
• intelligent and not a push over
• slim
• pretty

So yeah, QED. Not!

I had put on a black dress but it looked a little too short and showedoo much leg.
I tried on another black dress and it looked too work.

In the end, I decided on jeans for the approachability factor and heels for the pretty factor. The yellow shrug was to add a burst of color and a little fun factor. Hair was back to show a little seriousness and make up was kept natural to show low-maintainence.

Whoever said being a school mom was easy?!

No comments: