Friday, May 25, 2012

The Hacking, Drilling and Hammering...

It is hard to have neighbourly feelings when your neighbours are undergoing renovations...and I mean this in the nicest possible way. So apparently the unit above ours have changed hands and the new owners have decided to under major renovations, judging from the hacking, drilling and hammering.

We are into our 3rd week, almost 4th and one does wonder what in heavens is going on upstairs.

The day starts peacefully enough. Minor bings and bangs start about 9:30am and this continues till about 11:30, at which time things tend to go silent. Chow time, I would assume.

About half past noon, the noise starts up again and tends to crescendo around the time when kiddo gets home. I am not kidding you - the major drilling and hammering seriously peaks about this time and it adds another dimension to our homework challenge.

Thankfully the rules of the compound dictate that renovations can only be done from Mondays to Fridays, 9 to 5:30pm. So yes, I wait in anticipation for 5:30pm to swing by just so I can place very polite calls to the management office asking them to get the builders to stop so that I can hear myself think again.

Now, if the builders were as adorable as Handy Manny, that will sway my sentiments a little...


No comments: